Monday 16 June 2014

Washline Clothing Theme

I used this activity when I was doing my Seasons theme.




Materials:

  • 2 A4 pieces of white cardboard paper
  • 2 pieces of string
  • Wooden pegs (I used 13)
  • Cellotape
  • Felt in a variety of colours
  • Scissors
Method:
  1. Cut out a variety of winter and summer clothing from the different coloured felt. For winter, I cut out trousers, mittens, long sleeve shirt, sock, hoodie, boot, wooly hat and a scarf. For summer, I cut out a swimming costume, a t-shirt, shorts, a cap and a slip slop.
  2. Cut to pieces of string long enough to go from one side of the paper to the other with a slight dip.
  3. Cellotape the pegs into place.
  4. Peg the clothing onto the correct pages (Winter and Summer).
  5. A more interactive way of doing this, is to put all the cut-outs into a pile and get your children to sort out which are summer items and which are winter items and peg them up themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment